October 29, 2013

Mama Lou's Ribs

Who doesn't love a good rack of ribs?! Well.. minus vegans.
I do a dry rub which I change every time I make it. So the recipe is still evolving. But it always has brown sugar, cumin, smoked paprika, white pepper, onion/garlic powder and that's where I start it. I marinate the ribs for 8 hours/overnight.
The same goes for my BBQ sauce... But on these bad boys I started with a whole bottle of sweet baby rays BBQ sauce, 1/4 cup apricot preserves, couple drops of liquid smoke, 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar and a roasted jalapeno chopped up, half an onion sauteed, 3 tablespoons minced garlic PUT all of this in the blender and blend baby blend. Taste test and taste test until you love it!

After marinating ribs wrap them tightly in heavy duty foil. Put on them on a roasting pan. Place on middle rack in oven. Roast at 275 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Flip ribs half way through.
Take ribs out of the oven and finish on the grill (out of the tin foil). Low to medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes to get a nice smoky char flavor. Basting with the BBQ sauce.

I served the ribs for the premiere of the walking dead! Yum zombie ribs! No rib dinner is complete without baked beans and corn bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment