October 31, 2013

What's on my wine rack...

Here are some new additions to my wine rack. I was intrigued by the Albarino because it is pretty close to my name (Albian). One great myth the wine industry has demolished for me is the idea that "pink" wine is super sweet and something my grandma June drinks. When you find a great dry (meaning not sweet) Rose it can rival almost any red on a nice fall day. This one from Quady North in Jacksonville, Oregon has a peachy character that I love. I absolutely love Eden Vale's Syrah 2003! It tastes like a "big bowl of bing cherries". I had this sweet carbonated wine at a friends house and for a little mix up it was great. The middle wine is from Kriselle cellars in Sams Valley, Oregon. It is called Di'tani (2010). It is a quite nice red blend but it is mostly Cab Franc.

No comments:

Post a Comment